Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Must-See Movie: The Fountain



The Fountain (my all-time favourite movie by far) was directed by Darren Aronofsky who also did Pi, Requiem for a Dream, and the Wrestler. It stars Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz. Centering on themes of death, past/present/future, love, sacrifice, science vs. faith, and eternal life, The Fountain wraps 3 storylines together in a beautiful way. I throw the word "epic" around alot, but The Fountain really is epic. It's beyond epic. It's extraepical! If you aren't a fan of artistic abstraction, you may not like it, but give it a try... it might just be the best 96 minutes of your life. The parallels drawn between contrasting images is fantastic, and the soundtrack is amazing too. (Top Gear fans may recognize much of the music, as they use it a lot on the show).

2 comments:

  1. Yesss! The Fountain was freaking amazing! So few people I've talked to about it liked it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! My brother saw it long before I ever did, and he said it was the worst movie he's ever seen!

    ReplyDelete